These 30 follow me cards are a great way to revise converting recurring decimals as fractions from simple ones such as 0.999 (recurring) through to more complicated ones such as 0.7125252525 (recurring).
Play is similar to dominoes, where the cards are placed end to end with the question to the answers, but each question only has one answer. Students connect the questions and answers together forming a chain, with questions steadily getting harder. Students should be expected to not use a calculator.
Some ideas for how to use follow me cards:
- Have students race to connect the cards.
- Have a treasure hunt, around the classroom or outside. Students start with the starter card and record the solutions in the table.
- Students each take ownership of a card, and then get themselves in line correctly with the answers. If there are more than 30 students, assign some students as ‘managers’. If there are less than 30 students, the first students to connect their cards can be given the remaining cards.
- Cut each card in half and give the students a matching activity. They can then glue the answers into their books.
- For an advanced start, begin on page two of the record sheet (the first card number is given).
This is a digital product. A download link will be sent to your email address upon purchase and you can then print as many copies as you need to use in your classroom or for home use.