This is a digital product. A download link will be sent to your email address upon purchase and you can then print as many copies as you need to use in your classroom or for home use.
This is a fun way to revise rearranging equations for 2+ players. It can also be played as a solitaire type game where players match the rearranged formulas as fast as possible.
There are 18 Red Base Cards and 72 Green Player Cards. Every Red Base Card has 4 matching Green Player Cards. The game is a competitive, face paced race where players work out how the equations can be rearranged with x as the subject, y as the subject, a as the subject and b as the subject.
Rules of Play
- Shuffle the red ‘Base Cards’ and the green ‘Player Cards’.
- Lay out all of the 18 Red Base Cards onto the middle of the table.
- Place the Green Player Cards face down in the centre of the table.
- The player to the left of the dealer reaches in and turns over the top Green Card.
- The first person to correctly rearrange the equation and match it to a Red Base Card wins the round. Play continues clockwise, with every player getting a chance to reveal a Green Card.
- We recommend you play as many multiples of rounds as there are players.
- The person at the end of the game with the most points wins.
This game is designed to be customisable, so if you can think of any better rules, feel free to play with those instead. Alternative rules include dividing up the cards evenly between 2 to 4 players, and having a race of who can match all of their cards the fastest. Another activity is to split the class into groups, and hand out a pack of the cards to each group. Start the timer and have the players match the equations to their rearranged equivalent.
Solutions are included.
This is also a available in our 5th Card Game Bundle where you can get it with 4 other card games at a discount.