This game follows our classic Battle Games rules. Players are dealt 5 cards and a base card is played. Players choose the card which is closest in value to the base card. The closest player wins the point.
It consists of questions that require knowledge of the Order of Operations, including brackets, indices (exponentials in the US), and questions such as 8-7+10, which requires students to be aware of the equal weight of addition and subtracting within the BIDMAS/BODMAS/PEDMAS system. This game is a great way to really check for understanding and find those misconceptions.
Rules of Play
- Deal out 5 cards per player and place the remaining deck of cards face down in the middle.
- Turn over a card from the top of the deck in the middle, work out its value.
- All players must play a card from their own selection of 5 that is as close as possible to that value.
- The player with the closest value wins the round and collects all played cards.
- If there is a draw, the winner is the person whose card number is highest.
- The dealer hands out one new card per player so that everyone always has 5 cards to play.
- The winner is the player who has collected the most played cards at the end of the game.
- Play can continue until the deck has gone, or after a set number of rounds. We recommend 5 rounds.
This is a digital product. A download link will be sent to your email address upon purchase and you can then print as many copies as you need to use in your classroom or for home use.
This game is available as a part of our Card Game Bundle 4 where you can get it along with 4 other games for the price of 3.